Cheree is highly trained and experienced in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT). This evidence-based approach seeks to change what you think (cognitive) and what you do (behaviour). Together, these changes work to improve the way you feel (often the main goal). CBT largely focuses on circumstances relevant to the ‘here and now’ and equips individuals to make meaningful and lasting changes by learning skills and strategies. CBT is evidence-based because it has been extensively studied and validated and can assist with many different types of problems.
As required, Cheree incorporates other evidence-based treatments, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution Focused Therapy and strategies from Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
Cheree provides psychological services that can assist with:
- Anxiety (including phobias, OCD, social worries, excessive worrying & panic)
- Anger management
- Grief & loss
- Low self-esteem/confidence
- Adjustment difficulties
- Bipolar Disorder
- Alcohol and/or substance use
- Employment difficulties
- Pregnancy-related concerns & postnatal depression
- Parenting issues
- Interpersonal problems
- Sleep problems
- General life/coping problems
For adolescents, Cheree can assist with:
- Depression and low mood
- Anxiety (including phobias, OCD, separation, social worries, excessive worrying & panic)
- Family / Friendship issues
- School / Exam Pressures
- Coping / Life Skills
- Low self-esteem/confidence
- Self-harming behaviours
- Sleep issues
- Addictions (phone, gaming etc)
People living in rural and regional Australia can now access a psychologist from the comfort of own homes over the internet using Skype or their web-cam. From 1st September 2018, there is no longer a requirement that one of the first 4 sessions needs to be a face to face consultation. Cheree is happy to bulk bill Students, Health Care/Concession Card Holders, Pensioners and people facing financial hardship.
The rebate for psychological services via telehealth is available for people living in Modified Monash Model (MMM) regions 4 to 7, which cover smaller country towns and remote locations. People living in Lithgow (which is MMM region 4) qualify.
You can check your MMM classification of your location here to see if you live in MMM regions 4 to 7, thereby qualifying for the rural telehealth rebate.
It is a mandatory requirement that all registered psychologists obtain 10 hours of supervision every year to enable them to continue to be registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
When you are working in private practice or as a sole practitioner it can be difficult to find the time required, at a time that suits you, that does not impact upon your own clinical practice. Cheree will help you develop a learning plan and supervision contract and offers supervision sessions over skype or in person, after hours and on the weekends, for the purposes of obtaining the 10 hours required for your CPD peer consultation. The cost of these sessions is $149 per hour + GST - which is fully tax deductible (with no after hours or weekend surcharge).
In addition, Cheree has been approved to provide supervision for:
• principal and secondary supervision to provisional psychologists completing the 4+2 internship program
• principal and secondary supervision to provisional psychologists completing the 5+1 internship program
• supervision to provisional psychologists completing an accredited higher degree program (clinical psychology)
• supervision to provisional psychologists working in addition to their higher degree placements
• principal and secondary supervision to registrars in an approved area of practice endorsement program (clinical psychology)
If you would like to commence supervision please call or email with your details to set up an appointment time convenient to you.